This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)
Positive psychology came to us from America, along with the fashion for personal growth trainings. People who preach a positive way of thinking are increasingly reminiscent of cult adherents. They teach us to be positive about life, to find advantages in everything and not to let ourselves be sad. But the world is not divided into black and white, it has good and evil. No matter how much we deny the existence of evil, it will not disappear.
Let’s get acquainted with the basic methods of positive psychology:
- Visualization. Psychologists believe that with the help of imagination you can fulfill any dreams. Want a new machine? Just imagine its body, color, leather seats, and you’ll soon have it. Just miracles!
- affirmations. Remember the Soviet film “The Most Charming and Attractive”. The main character Nadya Klyueva could not marry in any way and here she met her old friend Susanna, who became a psychologist. Susanna, being a progressive woman, offered an effective method of affirmation to her former classmate. Nadia trusted the advice and began to repeat in front of the mirror: “I am the most charming and attractive…”.
- Wish map. When you start to “process”, to help to become happy, it will certainly offer to design a poster of desires. You will need a wattman and clippings from magazines, with the image of cars, penthouses, luxury jewelry and models. And after that you can wait for all these benefits to appear in your life.
You will think: “What are the wonderful methods of success, what is wrong with them? Yes, at first glance they are harmless and do no harm, another thing is that they make people passive. There is no need to achieve career growth and hard work, you just need to dream and everything will come true.
The main postulate of positive psychology is that thoughts create a human reality. That is, all aspects of life directly depend on the thinking of the person. What is the result of this way of thinking?
- escape from real problems.
- an illusion of control over everything that happens.
- Constant guilt for
“lack of positivity.”
- Passive expectation of success.
- Abandonment of one’s own identity, in the name of
of positive thinking.
- Suppression of negative emotions, which leads to
For mental and physical not only joy and laughter are good for people’s health, but sadness as well. Through sadness and sorrow the despondency we come to fortunately, these two states are closely related with myself. By rejecting any manifestation of negative emotions, we drive ourselves into more a big abyss.
And in conclusion, I want to remember the expression:
“If you’re so smart, why are you so poor? Which is impossible
better describes people who promote positive thinking as the only one
a way to succeed in life. Some of them have already sailed on their own yacht,
that was painstakingly cut out of magazines?